Description of the technological process for producing tomato concentrate, packed in 200L aseptic bags housed into metal drums
As there are numerous varieties of tomatoes, it is essential to know, when producing tomato concentrate, if the product will be a Cold Break or Hot Break type in order to carefully organize the farmers’ work and choose the correct variety well in advance of the processing period. It is highly advisable to use hybrid seeds and not seeds from harvested tomatoes to obtain a higher disease resistance and an increased yield.
“EASYCUBE” can find application to dose/portion other products like:
pre-frozen liquid/dense or semidense products with solid parts in suspension;
pre-frozen products in pieces per “veg-burghers”;
pre-cooked rice or pasta with sauces or vegetables;
minced meet mixed with vegetables;
“EASYCUBE” can be equipped with “personalised portions design” which help to identify “product and producer” into market and specially from the consumers. “Funny shape” (like: animals, or geometrical shapes) moulds are available for a easy and friendly impact to the younger consumer “kids”.
We have fluid freezers for IQF fruit and vegetables as well as spiral freezers designed for an easy clean and equipped with VOT (Horizontal Tangential Ventilation). Our spiral freezers are designed with the SFA system (Continuos Air Filtering ), a mesh wire conveyor positioned all around the coils-evaporators, which acts as a continuos air filter.
A large variety of fruits can be used to obtain by the appropriate technological process different kinds of semi – finished product starting from fresh fruits just harvested from field or stored in controlled atmosphere warehouses. The ripeness degree, the freshness and the cleanness of the raw materials are very important to obtain a high quality juice.
A fruit juice can be considered a suspension of water, sugars (manly: glucose – fructose – sucrose), fibers, acids, essences, vitamins, proteins, minerals, pigments and pectic-substances.
The most common semi – finished products are:
- Puree’ single strength or concentrate
- Cloudy or pulpy juices single strength or concentrate (which contain insoluble solid particles)
- Clear juice single strength or concentrate (without the insoluble substances)
· Hot Holding – Linear type with Steam Flushing
· Belt supporting structure
· Composed of stainless steel profiles, sheet and conveyor guides. Plastic lining mounted on the conveyor guides is made of heat-resistant plastic material.
· Conveyor heads and shafts made of stainless steel. Drive by means of gear motor controlled by frequency converter.
· Stainless steel flexible belt
· Composed of two lateral stainless steel chains, transversal stainless steel rods and stainless steel wire mesh.
· The belt allows for good free passage of water and assures good surface for bags-pouches support.
STEAM FLUSHING SYSTEM
· Primary perforated collectors for proper steam distribution into the chamber.
· Double manual valves, in series, for steam control.
· Suction hoods to exhausting the steam.